2010-06-27

Toiletries

Now, to the shower. Which actually reminds me about the toiletries I brought with me and wanted to test on my trip. Here we go; a topic for a new blog entry.

OK, the washing cloth I did,was pretty much chapter 8 after the 2 weeks in Semporna...Had to throw it away, but the small hankies I made of 100% bamboo cloth are still working very well. Very useful indeed of for the toilet use!

Other toiletries I brought with me were the soaps, of which I forgot one at Jukkas place in Singapore, maybe even the best one, my shampoo..Anyway, I had to work my way through the rest organic soap bars. It was noticed that they attracted the fauna quite a lot. One morning we woke up in Pulau Derawan (in the Indonesian side, you remember?) and one of my soaps was missing. The only track was the half eaten leftovers with claw- and tooth marks on the other soap...maybe a rat had been curious about the soaps and took one sample to eat.

Other remarks on toiletries has been the oils that I normally have to use a lot in Finland. Not in here, only in very special occasions. It is so humid in here, that my skin feels fine. Except for my cuticles that keep to stay as dry as always. On the other hand I have gone back to the-way-back-in-Thailand- discovery and that is baby talcum. The best and useful method to feel refreshed a sweat free, just toss some of it (in your genitalia area and )all over your body, and voilá - you´ll feel totally fresh!

Make up is totally overestimated while traveling, but yesterday meeting Sallyanna after staying in the bushes for the past 3 days, I started thinking about looking nicer..I am in the Sarawak Capital goods sake...

The good sun lotion is very essential. I took the wrong turn in the beginning and tried to use the new Natuc lotion, that did not work at all. Not for me. I went to buy some Japanese stuff with factor 65 and that was working a bit better. It even had this menthol cooling effect in it. Nice! The rest of teh trip I have been using again my well trusted, tested and working Favora Sun Gel. Even if the factor is 15, it works wonders!

And now, totally, I need a shower!

No comments: