|Shampoo blocks from an image bank, manipulation Miss Mureena.|
This is again one of the products I am not traveling without! A block of hand made shampoo. There are many reasons for this and my list looks pretty much like this;
- sustainable, made from ecological products and you can track the producer (most likely)
- naturally beneficial for your skin and hair (of course, no additional toxic industrial by-products, no artificial coloring, no silicon or any other irritable/drying factors like that)
- it is better for lakes, oceans and rivers if you have to wash yourself in nature or you are not sure where the used water ends up to (same as above)
- can be used in your hairy and non-hairy body parts (serves as both shampoo and soap, some even as conditioner)
- you support your own country by getting them from small shops or small manufacturers...or even better, make your own!
- it lasts longer than liquid shampoo (but sometimes animals can be curious about it and eat it, like what happened with my oatmeal soap block in Borneo)
- AND YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PUT IT IN YOUR 1 L PLASTIC BAG IN HAND LUGGAGE!!!
The choice is yours. When you go in search for this material, you are most likely to first pop into LUSH, that has several other interesting product and they have made a huge business out of the Eco-friendly idea. In Finland I like to get my shampoo from Soap Factory, because they use hemp oil in one of their soap block and I am very satisfied with that on my dry skin. I can also be sure that the herbs they use are from Finland.
Do you have you any good experiences about these kind of shampoos? Share a comment!
Happy travels, sister!